Mash™ 4x4 Plates and Controller
Our Mash™ 4x4 Plates and Controller are made from a solid stainless steel. The faces have been milled down for the tightest possible fit between plates. Because we milled our plates from a single solid piece of stainless steel they hold and maintain a much more even temperature than those made from multiple pieces. Stainless steel is super hard and takes a lot of manpower to fabricate them versus aluminum which is a very soft metal and easily formed but also equally deform-able from your press. Our first set of prototype plates were made from aluminum and they warped rather quickly and formed a dent from the bags being mashed over and over. We quickly realized stainless was the answer.
Each plate is 4"x4"x1" and has two 300w heating cartridges per plate (4 total per setup). They feature a thermo probe for maintaining accurate temperatures. And a single easy to use digital controller in a custom wrapped enclosure. Connected via a hardwired 36" cable.
This is our collared set which includes a 3" universal mounting collar which should fit any standard shop press out there, and one 8"x8" flat plate on the bottom.
lifetime warranty on the stainless steel plates, and a 1 year warranty on electronics and heating elements.
There may be a 7-10 day wait on these items.
Here are some useful links to presses and other items that work with our plates:
- Dake Presses - nice industrial equipment
- Torin Presses - nice industrial equipment
- Baileigh Presses - really nice industrial equipment
- Harbor Freight 20ton Press - affordable and most commonly used press
- Harbor Freight Air-Assist for 20ton jack - great addition to the above press
- Harbor Freight 20ton Press with Air-Assist - shorter version with air assist included
- Harbor Freight 50ton Press - bigger, stonger, still affordable.
- Harbor Freight Compressor - very affordable and plenty of air for your hydraulic jack
We Also Recommend